Happy New Year Everyone!
2013 is soon coming to an end. The year of 2014 is quickly approaching. Have you given any thought to your creative plans for the New Year. If not, now is the time to start. This is the year to write the novel you’ve always talked about writing, take the art classes you’ve wanted to do since you were little, go on the seven day cruise and take snapshots of life happenings in other countries. Your creative self is ready!
Let’s make 2014 the year to make it happen. Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
- Take a breathe. Think about what you want to accomplish this year and what items or classes you need to complete it.
- Commit. Get out of your own way. Buckle down and do what you have to do. Early mornings, late evenings. Make the time to do this.
- Resolve. If a problem arises do not quit. Come up with a solution and continue. Push forward. If this were easy everyone would do it.
- Write. When the end seems impossible it helps to see your vision on paper. Bring your dreams to life. Create a vision board or journal.
- Declutter. Get rid of the excessive baggage (ideas) in your brain. At times we get overly excited about our plans and have 24/7 brainstorm sessions in the brain. All the thoughts can outweigh the good ones. Concentrate on one piece of the puzzle at at a time. Then slowly, escalate to more tasks.
- Smile. Laugh. Giggle. Smile during the day. Laugh at night. Giggle through your mistakes. Never let an error or mistake bring you down. Our mistakes makes us grow. After all, we’re all human.
Today is your day to start fresh! What will you accomplish this year?
Good Luck and share your dreams…
Missy B. Salick