Happy Sunday Lovelies!
Do you have 5 minutes for “me time” in the day? Of course you do and that is all you need for an intense workout to jump-start your metabolism. With me being a busy mom, employee, employer, writer and laundry list of other things, some days are impossible to get in a sixty or even thirty minute workout. However, no matter what I try to get in a minimum of five minutes. In fact, some research suggest that a short blast of a powerful workout, is more effective than a workout that is slow and steady.
Here are five workouts you can do with your own body weight. They can be done at home, work, or on the go.
- 25 jumping jacks
- 60 seconds of jumping rope (can do with or without jump rope)
- 20 crunches
- 15 slow, controlled squats
- 10 slow, controlled push-ups
If you find yourself completing the routine before five minutes, do each exercise for sixty seconds.
- Always break when you need to and drink plenty of water.
- Customize your work out if you need to.
- No matter what exercise you do, give 100%.
Missy B. Salick